Brandpa does not share details about individual domains that have sold. This information is often sensitive to the buyer and seller, and we don’t want to violate their trust by sharing it.
However from time-to-time we do share information about the types of domains that sell on Brandpa.
What industries and styles are selling
On your dashboard, under “What’s in demand”, click the “Explore industries” button. You’ll be taken to a list of Industries and Styles like this:
You can sort this table by any of the columns, by clicking on their heading (e.g. “Demand” or “Listed on Brandpa”). Sales is measured in bags of money, out of five, with the best selling industries listed first.
You can click on an Industry or Style to view more information over time:
These figures were last updated in August 2020, and cover the proceeding 12 months.
Sales by value
Our average (mean) sale price is $2,909 per domain.
- 4.3% of our sales were under $1,000
- 16.5% of our sales were between $1,000 – $2,000
- 39.8% of our sales were between $2,000 – $3,000
- 22% of our sales were between $3,000 – $4,000
- 8.7% of our sales were between $4,000 – $5,000
- 4.3% of our sales were between $5,000 – $7,000
- 2.4% of our sales were between $7,000 – $10,000
- 2.0% of our sales were over $10,000
Note these cover the accepted sale price, which may be different from the original list price.
Sales by syllables
- 6.5% of our sold domains had 1 syllable
- 35.2% of our sold domains had 2 syllables
- 39.1% of our sold domains had 3 syllables
- 15.3% of our sold domains had 4 syllables
- 15.3% of our sold domains had 5 syllables
- 3.9% of our sold domains had more than 5 syllables
What sells best?
Domains with the highest STR (Sell-Through Rate) tend to have:
- 5 – 7 letters
- One syllable
- Be priced between $1,000 – $3,000
- Contains at least one English word, or a substantial part of a word
Brandpa more than doubled our total sales revenue during the Covid-19 lockdown period, with increases in STR and average domain value during the first 6 months of 2020.