Earlier this year we asked over 1,500 of our sellers to fill in our first seller survey. Here are some of the results, and what we’re doing about them.
How happy are you with Brandpa overall?
On average, our sellers rated their satisfaction with Brandpa as 7.8 out of 10. Most sellers rated us 8 out of ten:
Speed of appraisal
This was our weakest area, with an average score of 6.75 out of ten. Most people rated us 8 out of ten:
We’ve improved since then, but we have plans to make this virtually instantaneous by the end of this year.
Accuracy of appraisal
This was our second weakest area, with an average score of 6.8 out of ten. Most sellers rated us 7 out of ten.
Since then, we added the facility for sellers to suggest their own pricing when submitting a domain. Most of the time, we accept the suggestion, if we accept the domain. We’ll also soon be giving sellers the ability to control pricing themselves.
On average, sellers rated our logo designs as 7.3 out of ten.
We’ve since made a number of changes to how we design logos, and added 3D banners to all of our designs.
This was our highest rated feature, with an average score of 8.5 out of ten. Most people rated us 10 out of ten:
We also asked our sellers what other marketplaces our sellers have used in the past:
We received a tonne of feature requests. These were the ten most popular:
- Accept more domains
- More outbound marketing
- Allow sellers to request a new logo
- More domain analytics
- Name my company (BrandBucket feature)
- Ability to change price of domains
- Faster appraisals
- Domain auctions
- Publish sales history (pricing, logos etc)
- Option to sell monthly payment plans for domains
Without giving too much away, we have plans to address nearly everything on that list before our next survey in 2019. Stay tuned!
We spent some time digging into sellers who were unhappy with Brandpa, and we believe the most common issue was unrealistic expectations.
For example, sellers who had listed 9 domains for a couple of months and were disappointed they hadn’t made a sale yet.
We’re going to do more work to help clarify expectations over the next year. But as a small start, we put together a help article on how long it typically takes to sell a domain on Brandpa.
And finally, some love
We’d just like to share some of the lovely comments we received.
- “Keep up the good work! Everything is getting better and better :)”
- “Your 6.6% sell thru rate (STR) is music to my ears and a confirmation I made a smart choice joining your platform.”
- “Well, you are the best! Keep innovating!”
- “You have done amazing in just 1 year.”
- “You have the best user interface for sellers, and the “best” processing experience.”
- “I find Brandpa pleasant and professional to deal with, appreciate your focus on connecting with sellers and your openness to ideas. You look to be continually making improvements, which is great, and I hope this will result in good sales rates for everyone.”
- “Keep up the good work, Brandpa has the best reputation for domain appraisal”
- “I believe in Brandpa all the way. That is why I keep submitting my names even though all, but one name, have been rejected. I believe that Brandpa’s business model is excellent and, with time, this company will rule the ‘brandables’ market.”
Thank you all for taking the time to let us know what you think. We’ll be working hard on improving it all for next year!